Monday, August 08, 2011

Fighting the Fat

I am obese. I have no idea if I am morbidly obese, but according to science, I am obese.


This of course is not good news. Most of my life I had led a dominantly sedentary lifestyle. My work involves me sitting in front of a computer to create 3D assets and animate them when needed. When I get home my usual pastime (pastime is spelled with one 't' huh?) is to sit in front of a television or computer and either watch shows or play video games.


Sure I was active when I was young, but had I known what I know now, I would have been concerned. I had the least stamina in my then group of friends. I was the least athletic. I played basketball casually, and biked once in a while but I never forced myself to make it a habit to be physically active.

I am just glad that I am now mature enough to force myself to be active. I aim to go brisk walking (with a little slow jog added in) at least twice a week with a minimum of 30 minutes active time. I can now push myself to exceed my comfort zone, and in fact I am quite proud today that I managed two laps of slow jogging around the jogging path my officemates and I go to. That's about 500m straight jog. Then after three cooldown walking laps, I managed one-and-a-half laps of slow jog. Not bad, not bad.



I just regret that I did not start this healthy habit early on. Now the "battle" I wage for my health is already lopsided, and not in my favor. But at least I am man enough to admit that it's time for a change, and man enough to actually do something about it.


Keep on fighting.


Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)