Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Playing NBA GM Once Again - Hawks and Suns

Once in a while I like to go to ESPN's NBA Trade Machine and play NBA GM, trying to make trades happen for different teams. I know I've posted at least one trade I made on this blog. Well I've got another one. This one is a trade between the Atlanta Hawks and the Phoenix Suns.


Click here for the trade.


The Hawks would send Josh Smith to Phoenix for Marcin Gortat, Jared Dudley, Gani Lawal (one of my favorite NBA players since we have the same name), and Garret Siler. You could throw in some draft picks if you wanted, but I'm focusing on the players more.


How would this benefit each team?


Atlanta finally gets a legit center, allowing Al Horford to move to his more natural power forward position. They also get an energy guy who can hit threes and is a decent defender, Jared Dudley. Gani Lawal and Garret Siler are more of throw ins, just to balance the salary cap. But it could also be a homecoming of sorts for Lawal, who I think studied in Georgia Tech.


Phoenix gets the high flying Josh Smith. Having two respected and successful veterans (Grant Hill and Steve Nash) on the Suns could be beneficial for him since there are so many articles saying he has "issues" (whatever they may be). Plus can you imagine the highlights he'd get receiving passes from Nash? Alley oops and fast break dunks galore.


I know my explanations for the trade seem short, but if you like and follow the NBA as much as I do, you'd see the sense in my trade without too much explanation.


I just hope there won't be a lockout next season.


Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)