Tuesday, August 31, 2010

On Burning Out at Work

It's become an increasing trend for a lot of younger employees in different fields of work to resign from good jobs because they say they are 'burned out.'

Really?

How come the older employees, guys who've been doing this for ten, twenty years straight, don't get burned out? How come they still come to work and bring their A-game day in and day out, without ever complaining about it?

I think the reason behind this is that younger people are more spoiled, less motivated, and generally are lazier than the older folk. Yes, you can include me here.

I've been battling this feeling of being 'burned out' since 2006. I started working in 2004. That's just bullshit, working for only 2 years and feeling burnt out is not burn out.

I think burn out is just getting lazy with what you do. Must have something to do with shorter attention spans and feelings of entitlement. I notice fewer people wanting to work hard just to get their goals. It's all about taking shortcuts and get rich quick schemes.

And yes, you can include me in that list. But there is one small difference.

I've been making an effort to get rid of these feelings of burn out. Because there is no such thing as burning out because of work. None.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)