Sunday, August 22, 2010

Mobility

I now realize how important it is to have my own vehicle.

It's been a couple of months since I got married and moved out of the house, and only now do I realize how dependent I was on our car. During the time I stayed home I had access to a vehicle anytime I wanted. I could go where I wanted to go anytime, as long as the car had gas.

Now it's more of a hassle to borrow the car. I have to plan ahead, schedule when I can use the car, and then pick it up. Yes, small price to pay just so I can gain mobility. What's the major hassle? The fact that I don't have as easy an access to the car as I used to.

What about commuting? Yes I can commute. But it's been so long since I was regularly commuting that I find it a bit of a chore to actually start squeezing myself against others. I can still commute anytime I want, it's just that it's more convenient to have a car of my own.

Bottom line? Time to start saving for a vehicle.

It would have to fit my salary. Most likely second-hand. It has to be reliable, and it has to have been sold locally. I do not want to own those converted right-hand drive cars. Nor do I want to own a second hand car that wasn't sold here because it would be hard to come across parts for a 'unique' car.

Right now I've got a few ideas for an ideal car. The Toyota Echo Verso, Nissan Terrano, and the Suzuki Vitara.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)