Monday, June 28, 2010

The Long Route "Home"

First encounter with the flash flood in my area, and I found the route that will get me home with the least amount of flooding I have to walk through. It is a longer route, no doubt, but at least I don't have to wade through knee deep water.

I have to exit the rear of my office building, and head to Makati Cinema Square. I cut through the 'mall' and cross Pasong Tamo, where I can either ride a jeepney to Mantrade, or just walk.

If I choose to walk, I have to walk to Waltermart, turn right at Pasay Road (because Pasong Tamo will be flooded, no doubt) and take the back road, parallel to Pasong Tamo. I think it's Estacion St. Then I just walk there until I reach the building behind my building and just cut across.

I just did this a few minutes ago and it was pretty successful. Of course, I still had to wade through some partially flooded gutters. But they were at worst ankle deep or less. My pants naturally absorbed the water and they reached shin high in wetness, but not bad. It would have been worse if I waded through deeper water.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)