Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Ideal Family Car

That would be the Toyota Echo Verso. Yes, the relatively bigger one that was previously released here in the Philippines.

Why that car? Why not. It can seat four adults of my size (and I AM big) comfortably, it still has decent "trunk" space, plus you can fold the rear seats and increase cargo capacity immensely. It has a decent 1.5L engine that more than suits my driving style.

I've ridden one a couple of times already. It was a joy to ride in. Like I said, it's spacious, it's cozy, it was agile enough in traffic. Just a perfect family city car, if you ask me.

But of course, there is always negatives. The dashboard is center mounted. I find this annoying because rather than looking down and seeing all the info you need, you need to look right. Plus the turn indicators and other warning lights are all center mounted (not like in the Hyundai Matrix where the warning lights are mounted where the console "should" be even though the instrument panel is center mounted). Another problem I have with the Echo Verso is the fact that Toyota only released manual versions of that car here in the Philippines. Which is such a shame. I'm guessing I can still get the hang of driving a manual car, but I'd rather not.

Now supposing I did get an Echo Verso (which I doubt since I have no spare cash for a car), I'd give it a few modifications. Starting with improved headlights and fog lamps. Better night vision for me. Then I'd improve the sound system, give it an iPod ready stereo and maybe a new set of speakers. No woofers though, that would eat up space. Then I'd change the rims to a sportier and bigger kind. Replace the air filter with a more free-flowing variety, and change to steel-lined brake hoses.

And that's it.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)