Thursday, September 06, 2007

Voiceless

This all began last week. I had a really bad cold, still do actually, and soon the cough started coming. I thought I'd get better soon without taking anything since that's what I usually do when I get colds and coughs. Was I wrong.

It started Tuesday. My voice started getting worse during work. I guess it didn't help that the office was super cold and that I still drank cold water that day. Well by the time it was late afternoon my voice was nearly gone. I could still speak. But my voice was very hoarse.

So I'm thinking this is just a temporary thing. It will be gone the next day. Hell, I even went to sleep early that night just so my body could get more than enough rest. Guess that wasn't enough.

It's Thursday already and my voice still hasn't returned. This has been the worst case of losing my voice I have experienced. Ever. Usually it just takes a few hours or a day for my voice to return.

And don't think I'm having fun bumming at home. It's getting pretty boring and annoying here. Sure I get to play the PC and my PS2, and I can sleep anytime I want. But right now I wasn't in the mood to slack off. I was actually in a working mood. I feel sorta cheated.

I was looking forward to this weekend. I had a few activities I had planned out to help me celebrate the end of a rather productive work week. Now what do I have to look forward to?

I welcome the chance to kick back and get some rest, yes. But it wasn't what I was expecting. And my voice has not improved one effin' bit.

I've started taking medication for my cough and I am hoping to improve my condition by this weekend. I don't know.

Strange.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)