Monday, April 16, 2007

Scenes From A Memory

My impulsiveness (if there is such a word) reared it's ugly head again Sunday.

I decided to try and archive my old negatives from my SLR shoots. Its a tedious task and I hate tedious tasks. But since I wasn't doing anything that day, and I was feeling productive (since I had to store water for the house that day also since our help was out) I decided to give it a shot.

It was nice to reminisce about old photographs. It was nice to see the development of my technique, and the improvement of my compositions. At least for me they were improvements.

It also reminded me of happier memories. Like the time October 2005 that we celebrated my uncle's 25 years of being a priest. I volunteered to be the official photographer for his celebration and I used three rolls or so of film. I saw those three rolls and archived them. Then the next roll I find and archive I see his lifeless body staring out through the glass of his coffin. He passed away almost exactly one month after his celebration of cancer.

I'm just glad I was able to ease his pain because when I sent him the pictures of his anniversary my father said it brought a smile to his face.

Then I also saw pictures of my grandmother who passed away last year. I took some portraits of her at our garden when she was still strong. I saw the photographs of her and gave them to my mother.

I also saw our dead dog, my favorite dog who passed away last October.

Memories. Some good, some bad.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)