Monday, December 25, 2006

Holidays

Happy holidays y'all! As I write this post it is around 8:30pm Philippine time on December 25, 2006.

Gifts have been unwrapped, food has been eaten (or put in plastic containers to be stored in the refrigerator for future hunger pangs), and waistlines have grown an inch or five. 'Tis the season to be jolly and to eat!

So why am I not that ecstatic as I used to?

Well, first my grandmother's dead. First Christmas without her at our house, since she lived with us. Makes me miss her more, specially when I see some of our Christmas decorations that play a song when you press a conveniently hidden button. She always enjoyed watching those mice dance. Now all I have are memories of her.

Next, my girlfriend's in the US. So First Christmas without my girlfriend in seven years. Whoop-de-doo.

Finally I am supposed to be on leave this week, going out of country for some R & R and shopping with my parents. Instead of going straight I have to work tomorrow, despite tomorrow being a holiday. Why? Punk ass agency decides that instead of having the second presentation of a project I am doing on the 5th of January they want to see it on the 3rd.

Bastards.

Good thing I've got an officemate who'll fill in for me while I'm gone. But I am going to work tomorrow to meet up with him and try to tackle the revisions in one day (afternoon?) and hopefully I won't be thinking of work while I am on vacation.

What's the point of giving a schedule if they won't effin' follow it anyway? They asked me for a timetable and now they want it earlier? Hello, it's the Christmas freaking holidays! People aren't really gearing up for work the week between Christmas and New Year. I bet those a-holes in the agency won't even show up for work.

Sure, pick on the lowest on the totem pole. If it weren't Christmas today I'd probably be cursing my mouth off. I am, actually, just not typing it down.

Ad agencies here in the Philippines suck. They always demand the fastest timetable at the cheapest cost and then complain, complain, complain about "quality" which they don't even understand. Sure they want it to look nice but the schedules they request? Give me a break.

My officemate told me I could easily do this project in a week, but that's not the point. My boss once told me to make sure I had enough time to cover any possible snags in the project. Besides it's a lose-lose situation.

I understand my officemate's point, yes we can do this. What I don't like is the fact that the agencies will start thinking, "Hey, those rat bastards can actually do it in a few days instead of a few weeks. Let's just keep making schedules shorter since they can handle it." And if I screw up because of lack of time it's my fault. But if I get the job done they'll make deadlines shorter.

Talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place.

This is crap. I keep complaining but I don't seem to be doing anything about it. My folks are right, either just shut up or do something about it.

Give me a few weeks and I will do something about it.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)