Tuesday, September 15, 2026

1257 - Exercise Update

For the past few months I've been growing frustrated with myself because of the fact that no matter how I pace myself, the farthest I could jog was always 4 km. And it was already a struggle to finish 3 or 4 km whenever I tried to jog.

At first I thought it was all mental, so I tried conditioning myself that I was going to jog 5 km the next day. Never happened. It was getting frustrating. So I decided to switch gears and try something else.

I went back to intervals. I set up my interval timer app to do ten sets of 3:1 intervals, meaning 3 minutes and 1 minute. I added warm up and cool down as well. I estimate this would be enough to cover 5 km and indeed, my first trip out I was able to do 5 km.

I have no idea what's up, why I couldn't do 5 km jogging straight. I was able to do this before. I guess I just have to adjust to whatever is going on with me, and hope that eventually I'll get my old stamina and endurance back.

If not, at least I can still jog 5 km, just in intervals.

Out.