Thursday, April 18, 2024

[1064] Super Beetle

A Volkswagen Beetle is still my dream car. Specifically the flat windshield Super Beetle, mainly because I'm contrarian and the Supers don't get as much love as the 1969 and older Beetles. Super Beetles have better suspension and are more stable. I'll take (relatively) safer over higher value.

Also I have plans of retromodifying the car, which will maybe tank the car's value for others. Things like four-wheel disk brake upgrades, better speakers, Apple Car Play and Android Auto ready head units, an alternator instead of a generator, and other (possibly) questionable upgrades.

Twin carb is in play. I have no idea why, I'm just curious about the performance of the stock carb versus aftermarket carb and twin carb.

A new, modern wiring harness will also be installed. It'll be easier to find replacement fuses plus new wires will hopefully help prevent electrical fires for a fifty-year old car.

A roof rack will also be installed so that I can install a bike rack or a cargo box.

Out.