Sunday, February 13, 2022

[902] Stuff I'd Like to Own

I did a post about bike upgrades recently. Now I'm doing a post about stuff I'd like to own that might be useful for things around the house.

  1. Mechanical vernier caliper. I'm currently having size doubts about my bike. I was originally planning on getting a quick release seat post clamp. Someone loaned me one that was supposedly for 27.2 seatposts, which is what my bike is supposed to have. The thing is, the clamp was way too big for my seat tube. So either my seat post isn't 27.2 or that clamp isn't for 27.2. Aside from that the vernier caliper would help a lot with accurate measurements of smaller things in the house.
  2. Torque wrench with multiple adaptors. I'm thinking the big one that can be used for cars, though I really have no idea if that will work for the hex keys and stuff on my bike. If it doesn't then make it two torque wrenches - a big one for the car and a small one for my bike.
  3. A new airbrush for scale models and smaller items. We already have an air compressor, might as well take advantage of it. Where will I use it? I still have a lot of plastic scale models I haven't worked on. I don't know if they're still okay or if the plastic is super brittle already, but they're still all here.
  4. A paint spray gun. Again, we already have an air compressor, might as well take advantage of it. Where would I use this? Well the hood of the Rav4 needs a new paint job but I don't know if I'm crazy enough to try it.
  5. A hydraulic jack. Having an extra jack in the house to use for all three cars here would be useful. Bonus points if the weight limit is high so it can lift even the Grandia.
  6. At least two jack stands. Again, for the cars here. It'll be easier to rotate the wheels with the jack stands rather than grabbing multiple jacks and raising lowering the car multiple times. Also important to get at least a three-ton jack stand or higher. Just to be sure.
  7. Cordless power drill. I watched a youtube vid of a DIY guy who said the two major power tools you'll need is a cordless power drill and...
  8. A circular saw. Supposedly these two power tools are all I'll need to DIY some cabinets, shelves, beds, or whatever.
So those are some tools I'd like to eventually purchase for the house. I guess you can consider the vernier caliper as the highest priority and the power tools as the least important. The rest in between, well that'll depend on my mood on different days.

Out.