Sunday, December 06, 2020

[862] Goodbye Flickr

I deleted my flickr account a few days ago. I joined that site around 2005 or 2006, but have been relatively inactive since maybe 2008.

I've dumped photos there to use for this blog, and was very happy when they gave everyone 1 terabyte of space. Business is business though and they changed formats and switched to 1000 free photos.

Makes me sound like a cheapskate but with all the stuff I'm paying for it just wouldn't be worth it to pay for a photo/video dumping site. Honestly it makes more sense for me to spend for cloud storage in google because I can also back-up documents instead of just photos and videos.

Most of the photos I had on my account were backed up already anyway.

Will I miss flickr? Not really. I'll miss the people I used to interact with there regularly. The good folks who fanned the flames of photography. Unfortunately I've stopped shooting, my trusty Canon G16 still works but is starting to show its age. And mobile phone cameras are taking really good photos now.

So farewell and thank you, flickr. I won't be missing you that much,

Out.