Saturday, October 27, 2018

[792] Eye Shingles

I was recently diagnosed as having eye shingles.

Apparently my immune system loves these not-so-common ailments. In 2012 I had a really bad case of hand, foot, and mouth disease. HFMD usually happens to children. And of all the adults who were at the outing (my sister-in-law's kids had it) I was the only one who of course got infected.

I don't even know where I got eye shingles. It could be from the hospital, where I've been going to almost every week for my wife's chemotherapy. For those of you who don't know, yes my wife has stage 3A breast cancer. Yes she's doing fine. No, I don't want to talk about it.

So here I am, isolated in my old room. What sucks is that my old room is basically our house's warehouse. It's filled with boxes and stuff that wouldn't fit in our rooms here. And yes, I'm staying here. No TV. Just my laptop and iPad for company.

We'll see how this goes. According to the infectious diseases doctor Maica visited I have to be in isolation for two weeks. Two god-damned weeks.

Out.