Sunday, August 03, 2014

On Dream Cars

It's probably because of my current work, but right now the latest dream car that I want is a heavily modified Subaru BRZ. Yes, not the Toyota 86, the BRZ. Not just any BRZ, though, I want it with a Rocket Bunny widebody kit.

There are times when I do realize a couple of things about this new want-car of mine. And these things are:

  1. I don't drive fast. I try to follow the speed limit in real life, and I generally try not to drive like your typical Filipino driver. This is a good thing because why would I want to drive like a dick just because I've got a fast looking car? I can always join a car club and join their track days, which leads me to...
  2. I have no track experience at all. I've been to BRZ and CIS, but I've never driven around the track. I would love to learn how to drive around a track, but for now I'm a track day virgin.
  3. I've always wanted to do a road trip around the Philippines, cruising highways and discovering the beauty of this country. The BRZ doesn't really feel like a car to cruise around in. Plus if the roads outside of Metro Manila are bad, I'm guessing it's going to cause problems with a car that low.
What am I trying to say here? Basically it means I still want a Beetle Baja. No matter how enamored I get of fast cars, stanced cars, drift cars, and rice rockets, I always end up wanting the Baja Bug the most.

And if I had the budget to purchase and maintain a BRZ? Chances are I'd probably just use that budget to get a Beetle and turn it into a very reliable and fun-to-drive Baja Bug.

Out.