Sunday, November 11, 2012

My Latest Dream Car Garage

And here we go again, another edition of "My Dream Two-Car Garage" is up and posted. My category this time is vehicles available on the Philippine market. No budget, but keep in mind I always remain realistic about costs. So I guess no cars at all for my fantasy two-car garage.

Just kidding.

Right now I'm currently obsessing over two vehicles that I wouldn't mind having for a two-car garage, the Kia Sportage, and the Subaru Impreza WRX STi hatchback. Here's why I want these two right now. Let's start with the more practical one.

The Kia Sportage. It may not seat as many people as my previous family car ideal, the Toyota Innova. But it looks better, and it can still fit five adults easily. Now, which Sportage am I drooling over? Either the diesel or the top-of-the-line version. The diesel because of the amazing torque figures, and the top-of-the-line because it's the top-of-the-line. I've been seeing a couple of these on the road, and they all look nice. They even have daytime running LED lights, and a back-up camera you can view from the rear-view mirror. Two features a dad like me really likes.

Now for the Subaru Impreza. Why the WRX STi hatch? Because it's got automatic transmission. Why in the hell would someone like me want a supercar level car with automatic transmission? Because I want it for my daily driver. I need the comfort of the automatic transmission for the stop and go traffic of everyday life. The only time I would not drive this would be when it's number-coding or when I have to bring my family to my in-laws. Oh, and if the rain's are bad and flooding could possibly happen.

And that's it. Two cars I'm obsessing on right now, two cars I'd want to have in my dream two-car garage.

Out.