Sunday, October 04, 2009

Lucky Me

When I was in high school I always dreamt of traveling the world and visiting famous peoples' graves. Who'd have thought I'd be fortunate, blessed, lucky, or whatever, to actually realize that dream?

Thanks to my folks, who took me along with them to a European vacation, I was able to visit lots of famous peoples' graves. Plus, I was able to visit the tombs of the popes in Vatican City. And I was able to see the final resting places of St. Francis of Assissi, St. Anthony of Padua, St. Catherine, and St. Lucia to name a few. That was in Italy.

In France my folks were kind enough to go with me to Pere Lachaise Cemetary. Lots of the more "conventional" famous people are buried there. I was able to see the graves of Chopin, Oscar Wilde, Sarah Bernhardt, Moliere, and Jim Morrison. Woohoo!!! The only reason I wanted to go to Pere Lachaise was Jim Morrison's grave. Yet there they were, other famous people. I was awestruck.

I am more than happy that I was able to partly fulfill one of my dreams. I just hope I can visit more graves. Some of the people I plan to visit? Manfred von Richtofen, Dimebag Darrell, Bruce Lee, Jimi Hendrix...

Here are some pictures at Pere Lachaise. Obviously photography isn't allowed in the religious burial grounds.

Here I am at Jim Morrison's Grave...
Jim Morrison and I

This is Chopin's final resting place.
Chopin and I

Finally here I am at Oscar Wilde's grave.
Oscar Wilde and I

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)